So another reason why I've been absent from my blog is that I've been camping with no wifi which means no blogpost :(
So here I am bringing you a mixture of lists, advice and tips if you are going to festivals or just camping..
1. Make lists - Make these in advance as soon as you think that would be good to take with you add it to the list, I tend to use the 'Notes' section on my phone.
2. Personal Hygiene - Stack up on baby wipes and hand sanitizer plus loo roll if you are going to festival but make sure you hide it as everybody will want some when the toilets have run out. Don't take perfume it may break or you may lose it instead take body spritz and body sprays it won't last as long but at least you won't lose your lovely perfume.
3. Entertainment- This depends if you are camping or going to a festival because at a festival you shouldn't need entertainment but plain camping can sometimes be a bit boring. Before I went camping I went and bought loads of DVDs to watch on my laptop as had electric so obviously I could charge it. If you don't have electric you could try board games, magazine, books basically pens and paper like the good old days.
4. Pack for all weather - I had more waterproof clothes that summer clothes, I'd recommend at least a waterproof jacket and wellies. I only took one pair of shorts because even though it looks like shorts weather it gets very cold at night. Me and my boyfriend also took onesies because they are handy in the evennings and if you need a wee in the middle of the night the last thing you want to do is put on skinny jeans. Always pack more clothes as they may get muddy or you may spill something and it's a good idea to take a few carrier bags for wet or dirty clothes.
5. Take Cash - I wouldn't recommend taking a card as cash machines run out of money pretty quick and most stalls or food stalls won't accept card anyway. Always remember to hide your cash if you have no where to put it then keep it on you as people will look in tents.
6. Remember Small Things - If you will be cooking or making tea remember things like cutlery and a teaspoon, salt and pepper, flasks or mugs. Then for washing up cloths and washing up liquid. There is so many things you can forget when camping so you should always pack way before you are about to go as it will give you more time to throw things in you might forget.
7. Fashion - Some of you will be laughing as I write this but we all want to look good whilst camping right? Two things I can recommend is sunglasses and hair braids. You can hide behind sunglasses if you are looking tired and everybody loves cute braids and if they get a bit messy then they look even better
- Make a meeting point so if anybody gets spilts up from the crowd and has no way to communicate they know where to meet you again.
- Make sure you know many people can fit in your tent as when a tent says 4 man it usually means no luggage so 4 people would be more comfy in a 6man tent also make sure your tent can fit on one pitch otherwise you might need two.
- Do your research find out how many people go to festivals or campsite read the complaints and you'll get a better feel for what you'll need.
- Always take torches and lights as you don't want to drain your phone battery finding your way back to the tent.
- Pitch your tent near some toilets so you don't have to walk far but not too close as they may smell or you might have a lot of sound throughout the night.
- Arrive early so you have plenty of time to set up the last thing you want to do is pitch up right next to a public walk way ust because it's the last place left.
- Take a first aid kit incase somebody gets hurt because first aid tents are usually busy at festivals thanks to people who can't handle drink.
- Don't make a fire unless you know what you are doing.
I hope this has helped somebody out there, its impossible to write down everything as some people have tents, caravans some have electric and some don't if you can get electric its worth the extra money.
Thanks for reading.