This isn't my usual post but everybody nowadays seems to be watching Netflix or talking about it and I see so many people asking about what good to watch on it. I think Netflix is such a great idea that somebody had and hasn't charged us a fortune for it also the kids section, well if you're a 90s kid have look. I thought I'd share my favourite series as Saturday is my netflix day and I usually spend longer searching for things to watch rather than actually watching it..
1. Pretty Little Liars (PLL)
This was probably where my Netflix addiction started I was sat around my boyfriend's whilst he was at work and I wanted something to keep me busy and hopefully kill some time. I found this and a rough summary is a girl goes missing one night and the other girls recieve texts from somebody who knows all their secrets. I don't want to tell you too much as its worth watching and the whole PLL fandom is great but don't go on twitter as the mystery has been kinda solved we solved one part but as you'll see with PLL nothings ever straight forward. You'll have one question answered and you'll have hundreds more besides did I mention hot guys?
2. Orange Is The New Black (OITNB)
This is probably the most hyped up series on Netflix as it is a Netflix orginal. My boyfriend and I watched this together so its defiantly one for both genders plus lots of naked girls. Its basically a regualr girl who gets sent to prison for drug smuggling which happened a few years ago, again I don't want to give too much away because you may watch it but I cannot wait until another season. This isn't something you want to watch with your parents around unless you have super cool parents who don't make you feel awkard when watching a lesbian sex shower scene. This has got many stories in it and you really learn about all the different characters its not porn I promise.
3. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
This is another Netflix orginal and this was advertised all over Netflix. The sad thing about this is there is only one season *sobs*, It's super easy to watch and such good comedy I watched this one again with my boyfriend and as every episode is only half hour it won't take you long to get through it and you'll soon be googling dates for the next series. This one is about a girl (Kimmy) who is trapped underground for 15 years because a Reverand told them the world would suffer from a nuclear explosion meanning they'd be safe down there so this her life as she gets out. Also the theme tune is brilliant!
4. The Vampire Diaries
Okay so I haven't actually watched this one... yet. I've heard loads about it and my boyfriend watches it so I've seen bits and I think its his second time around watching it. This is about a vampire who goes back to where he's born and raised 600 years later (roughly don't quote me) he then falls in love with a girl and his brother comes into this mix making it a huge love triangle. Sorry if that was brief my boyfriend is a man of many words when he has his xbox controller in his hand.
5. Once Upon A Time
I won't lie with this one I've kinda forgotten about it.. This is about 6 seasons long and they are all about an hour and its a very complicated storyline. From what I've watched so far its about a boy who believes that everybody in his town is a fairytale character and obviously nobody believes him but when his real mum comes back on the scene shes the only one who starts to believe him. I really want to get back into this and I will.
So thats my top 5 series at the moment let me know if you start any of them!
Also make sure you follow my brand new facebook page over at facebook.com/drugstorejunkie I'm doing a MAC lipstick giveaway of your choice. Follow me at bloglovin to keep up-to date with all my new posts - https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/drugstore-junkie-blog-13992724
Thanks for reading!
I've never seen anybody do this sort of tag so I hope I haven't stolen this off of anybody, I always see girls doing monthly favourites and empties but what happens to the products that are left to fall to the back of the draw never to be seen again until you do a make-up sort out. I've picked out 5 products here that I still love but don't use for different reasons...
MAC Red A14
Is it just me who's noticed that at the moment red lipstick isn't so much of a 'thing' that it used to be? At the moment it's all about the nudes or dark lipsticks whilst this is just a classic red. I think that's one of the main reasons I don't use it anymore, I really hope red lips do make a comeback but for now I think it's all about the nudes.
Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
I should never have bought this foundation as its a matte foundation and I have super dry skin but I did anyway and it did give an amazing coverage but I felt as if it fell into all my creases, the only reason I'd use this again would be for a photoshoot or a time where I'd want flawless skin. This would have been perfect if I'd have had oily skin but I haven't which is why it's been so neglected.
Technic Mega Nudes
I've never actually used this I swatched it but never used it and the only reason I didn't use it was because I bought my W7 In The Buff palette at the same time so I was focussing on using that and creating looks, I was going to put it in a give away but I'd swatched it. I will use this palette at some point I know I will because I always run out of brown eyeshadows first which you can tell from the other two palettes.
I loved this palette and I think it was one of the first things I had ever bought from MUA and it was an impulse buy I saw the bright aqua blue and had to have it, although I've only used the blue once when I dressed up as Elsa like I've said quite a few times I only wear nude or neutral eyeshadows so it was a stupid buy but it is a pretty palette but I have got the complete W7 collection which is why I don't touch any of these.
MUA Hall Of Fame
I really liked this palette as unlike Winterforest it had some shimmer shades but they were all browns or greys, you can see the colour I used up the most as I think its the same shade in both of them. It would have probably been alot cheaer to just buy that single one but the 'Hall Of Fame' was supposed to be a palette of all the best selling eyeshadows put into one. I used to use this palette everyday I actually feel pretty sad for it now, okay Katy thats sad.
Feel free to copy this tags girls I'd love to see what gets forgotten about in your drawers or storage and maybe talking about these make-up products will make you love them again,
Thank you for reading be sure to follow me on bloglovin-
Okays girls you have to know about this!!
I picked up this lovely hair oil Inecto Coconut Hair Oil as I'd nearly finished my L'oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil and I'm so glad I did! I picked this little beauty up in Savers which if you aren't from the UK is basically a cheap Boots but does have food and bits. This hair oil was only £1.99 so I thought I'd give it a try since my L'oreal one is about £8 although it has lasted me about 18 months so its ready for the bin.
I was so eager to try this and the instructions were simple apply to wet or towel dried hair as I applied it and begain to blowdry my hair I could already see a different my hair wasn't frizzy and it was straight?! This must be a miracle worker a I always get annoying flicky bits. I didn't even need to straighten my hair afterwards which is so strange for me as I usually straighten it just to get the nice texture. The other thing I've noticed from this product is my hair growth it seems to be growing so much healthier and longer which I love as you all know if something can make my hair grow longer then its a win for me.
After looking on the website I've found a whole range of shampoo and conditioners which they sell so I'll definalty be investing as this hair oil is brilliant. I did a little research on the company Inecto and its completley natural 98% of their ingredients are from natural orgins and they're all vegetarian and vegan friendly as I always see girls struggling to find products which are both of these. The only way to buy these at the moment is in Savers or on Amazon you'll notice they do have a 'Where To Buy' page but its coming soon so maybe they'll branch out.
(This is not a sponsered post I was not paid to write this or contacted too, all these thoughts are opinions are 100% my own)
follow me on bloglovin - https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/drugstore-junkie-blog-13992724
facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kayteakadersyoutube?fref=ts
St Tropez Gradual Tan! One of the most recent hyped up products so I just had to have it.
And to be honest I wish I hadn't wasted £9.50 on it and it was on special offer. When buying this I was really excited as I'm not the best with fake tan so one you can do in the shower with no mess seems perfect to me. I'm not a very tanned person I'm about a NW25 in Mac so after reading the very basic instructions I thought it would be easy, I hopped in the shower exfoilated and applied this product all over my body it sort of bubbles up like a body wash. I applied a hair mask as you have to wait 3 minutes which is difficult to time when you are soaking wet in the shower but I rinsed it off and didn't look any more tanned.
Obviously it takes time to be a 'gradual tan' but I woke up the next day and looked no different apart from a few brown mark around my wrists and on my neck which I wasn't most pleased about. I don't think this happened to anybody else as it has some amazing reviews but maybe I expected too much or maybe I'm too tanned.
On a positive note because this contains 'Sweet Almond Oil' it does leave your skin feeling so soft but I think for £9.50 I can find another product which will make my skin feel soft. The other good thing is that you don't need much as your body is already wet the product spreads around and goes very far as on the first time I used it I used way too much so for the price and if it works for you then it probably a good buy!
Sorry for such a short review but I didn't like this product and I think it was over hyped also as it sold out at Boots I was convinced it was going to be good, please let me know if you feel the same I can't be the only one.
Thanks for reading,
Today I'm doing my first ever sponsered review on a wonderful complany, Body Jewellery Shop. The company started back in 2000 so its been going for nearly 16 years which is fantastic considering all the competition. They mainly focus on ear piercing but also do other types of products such as nails varnish, fashion and fancy dress.
Ordering My Products
Whilst spending ages looking through all there ear cuffs I found two which instantly caught which I will go into further detail about but when they arrived one had been damaged I instantly emailed them and they were happy to send out a replacement it was here within the next day which for me getting replacements is a bit of hassle but with this company it was a quick email and they got it sorted for the next day. Both products came in small bags in a bubble wrap bag.
I chose two ear cuffs because I don't tend to wear ears piercings as such, also I think these look perfect for photo shoots
Dragon Wrap Ear Cuff
The main thing I loved about this ear cuff apart from the beautiful design was that you can bend it to fit your ear, as we all have different types of ears. This ear cuff is really light as well it doesn't pull on your ear or feel annoying you kind of forget our wearing it. It's made of surgerial steel meaning it won't harm your skin as this is the same material that piercers use to pierce your skin. Click here to be taken directly to the page.
Spider Web Wrap Ear Cuff
This is probably my favourite it's not something I'd wear every day but it would be brilliant for fancy dress and special occasions.This one also fits my ear perfectly because of the shape, it has a small bar down the back which hooks down your ear and one which goes around the side so it does stay perfectly in place.
Overall I really enjoyed my whole experience working with Body Shop Jewellery Shop and I'd love to try out some other products that they sell. Everything is fairly priced and stuff that I believe most people living on a budget such as myself can afford, treat yourselves!
(Disclaimer - I got sent £13.90 worth of jewellery but all these opinions and thoughts are my own I have not been paid to say anything I don't feel is true, for more information please click my Dislclaimer tab)
Thank you for reading, Feel free to leave any questions below and I'll get back to you.
This is the second time I've been nominated to do one of these blog awards it's such a good way to meet more bloggers and also know that people are reading mine.
I got nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by Kirstie, Kirstie's blog is one of those blogs which you read and think I really want to start my own, her layout and colour scheme is different but works perfectly and it goe's to show you don't have to be boring go on add some colour! You should chek her out if your thinking of starting a blog but don't want to focus on just one thing as she cover so many aspects such as Photography, Books and Lifestyle. Kirsties Blog http://www.kirstiekinsblogs.co.uk/
Thanks again for the nomination Kirstie.
Seven facts about me..
1. I'm obssessed with phone cases and I tend to buy a new one at least every two weeks, I get bored easily.
2. I've never really had a long term bestfriend because my mum moved around so much as soon as I got settled we was off again, I have close friends but nobody that I'd call a bestfriend which is kinda rubbish to be honest.
3. I've been with my boyfriend since I was 16 and I'm now 20.
4. I've watched The Lizzie McGuire movie about 100 times I know nearly all the words and I have the song on my spotify.
HEEEY NOW HEEYYY NOW THIS IS WHAT DREAMSS ARE MAD OFFFFF.
5. I broke my foot but didn't realise until 3 days later as my dad told me it was bruised and I didn't need to go to hospital cheers Dad.
6. I can't drink Red Bull as it will keep me up for about 3 days which is sad because I do like it now and again.
7.When I was 12 I rollerskated for 12 hours with a half hour break half way through for Children In Need and raised £80 for a 12 year old that isn't bad.
Right so that's my seven facts about me this was really difficult as I've already done a 50 facts about me-
So another reason why I've been absent from my blog is that I've been camping with no wifi which means no blogpost :(
So here I am bringing you a mixture of lists, advice and tips if you are going to festivals or just camping..
1. Make lists - Make these in advance as soon as you think that would be good to take with you add it to the list, I tend to use the 'Notes' section on my phone.
2. Personal Hygiene - Stack up on baby wipes and hand sanitizer plus loo roll if you are going to festival but make sure you hide it as everybody will want some when the toilets have run out. Don't take perfume it may break or you may lose it instead take body spritz and body sprays it won't last as long but at least you won't lose your lovely perfume.
3. Entertainment- This depends if you are camping or going to a festival because at a festival you shouldn't need entertainment but plain camping can sometimes be a bit boring. Before I went camping I went and bought loads of DVDs to watch on my laptop as had electric so obviously I could charge it. If you don't have electric you could try board games, magazine, books basically pens and paper like the good old days.
4. Pack for all weather - I had more waterproof clothes that summer clothes, I'd recommend at least a waterproof jacket and wellies. I only took one pair of shorts because even though it looks like shorts weather it gets very cold at night. Me and my boyfriend also took onesies because they are handy in the evennings and if you need a wee in the middle of the night the last thing you want to do is put on skinny jeans. Always pack more clothes as they may get muddy or you may spill something and it's a good idea to take a few carrier bags for wet or dirty clothes.
5. Take Cash - I wouldn't recommend taking a card as cash machines run out of money pretty quick and most stalls or food stalls won't accept card anyway. Always remember to hide your cash if you have no where to put it then keep it on you as people will look in tents.
6. Remember Small Things - If you will be cooking or making tea remember things like cutlery and a teaspoon, salt and pepper, flasks or mugs. Then for washing up cloths and washing up liquid. There is so many things you can forget when camping so you should always pack way before you are about to go as it will give you more time to throw things in you might forget.
7. Fashion - Some of you will be laughing as I write this but we all want to look good whilst camping right? Two things I can recommend is sunglasses and hair braids. You can hide behind sunglasses if you are looking tired and everybody loves cute braids and if they get a bit messy then they look even better
- Make a meeting point so if anybody gets spilts up from the crowd and has no way to communicate they know where to meet you again.
- Make sure you know many people can fit in your tent as when a tent says 4 man it usually means no luggage so 4 people would be more comfy in a 6man tent also make sure your tent can fit on one pitch otherwise you might need two.
- Do your research find out how many people go to festivals or campsite read the complaints and you'll get a better feel for what you'll need.
- Always take torches and lights as you don't want to drain your phone battery finding your way back to the tent.
- Pitch your tent near some toilets so you don't have to walk far but not too close as they may smell or you might have a lot of sound throughout the night.
- Arrive early so you have plenty of time to set up the last thing you want to do is pitch up right next to a public walk way ust because it's the last place left.
- Take a first aid kit incase somebody gets hurt because first aid tents are usually busy at festivals thanks to people who can't handle drink.
- Don't make a fire unless you know what you are doing.
I hope this has helped somebody out there, its impossible to write down everything as some people have tents, caravans some have electric and some don't if you can get electric its worth the extra money.
Thanks for reading.
I have not done a post for ages on my blog so I thought I'd write some to keep you reading, thank god for scheduled posts!
I'm going to show you these amazing make-up brushes that I found on ebay for only £5.45 I know these have been raved about quite a bit and I don't know why I never got them sooner for that price but here we go..
The first thing I loved about these brushes were the colours the beautiful blue and matte black handles! In this set you get 10 but I do believe you can just buy the larger brushes for even less. Please note these were from the UK not China which mean't they arrived super quick, you can find them here