In this post I'm going to be talking about Depop this is a app which most people have on their smartphones or ipads. I've been obsessed with this app for a good six months and the best way to describe it is its basically a instagram set up which you can buy/sell and some people even swap. Its free to list an item on Depop with a set price or people ask for offers you can turn off the 'Instant Payment' so that people have to message you before they buy.
With every app this one comes with many pro's and con's and this has a lot of scammers on it but as soon as they are found out you find out since everybody writes about them. They do have depop fee's which cover you as well also paypal is so great at protecting sellers and buyers, the depop fee's are 10% so for example you sell an item for – £40 (including shipping)
The Depop fee – £4
PayPal will charge a small fee of about – £1.60
You keep – £34.40
Certain people try and avoid the fee's by asking you to pay by friends and family on paypal I would advise NOT to do this unless you 100% trust that seller I have done this but thats because I'd seen the reviews of these people and thought it would be okay and it was.
I'm going to list my pros and cons and also just some tips on how to avoid being scammed.
- Easy simple way to sell clothes, few pictures, locations, price, category and you're done simple as.
- Easy to find bargains ( I bought a abercrombie hoodie for £5 inculding postage)
- Most people are lovely I have a lovely girl who I also follow her blog (I'll link at the end of the post)
- A great time passer I'm always looking and scrolling.
- You can swap items so something you don't want somebody might love and they might have something you'd love.
- Lots of people buy clothing online from China or eBay and claim they have to oreder it in they charge you triple maybe sometimes more and it takes up to 30 days for it to be delivered does that sound like hong kong to you?
- Scammers are around so be careful.
- People will ask you to swap and when you look at their profile they have a few crappy dvd's and a loom band bracelet.
- People will make stupid offers on your stuff then get annoyed when you say no.
- Rude people.
Overall its not a bad app sometimes annoying but I've bought some lovely stuff before and spoke to some lovely person the person I mentioned above is who I go to for make up her blog is http://skintagainbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/ and her depop is @kittybaker
my depop is @katykader
Thanks for reading xo